Set up a new iPod Touch to iOS 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blowfish0888, Jul 29, 2011.

1. blowfish0888 macrumors newbie

Hi! I am aware that when you buy a new iPod touch 4g and you set it up, it installs the latest iOS which is 4.3.5. I currently have an iPod Touch 4 8Gb with 4.3.4 and I can't jailbreak it (untethered) and I am planning to buy a new one with a larger size but I want to install iOS 4.3.3 instead. Is this possible? Thank you! :)

2. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

so your buying a new one so you could just jailbreak it or also because you really really need more GBs?

if you dont need the extra GBs, just be patient and wait for the 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 jb

3. blowfish0888 thread starter macrumors newbie

I really need extra GBs since I am giving the old one to my mom. But I am thinking, if I could also install the jailbreakable iOs, why not? right? Do you know if that possible? Thanks! :)

4. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Depends if the device was updated to 4.3.5 before it was shipped to the store. It's not unusual for a device to be bought with an older software version on it. Most devices will have 4.3.3 or 4.3.5 on it.

If it's not already on 4.3.5 when you get it, it will prompt you to update and you can choose to update or do it at another time. The iPod won't be automatically update, it'll always be your choice to update or not.

5. blowfish0888 thread starter macrumors newbie

Should the store know if the devices were already updated to iOs 4.3.5? Because, I went to an apple store this afternoon and they don't seem to understand me. :p

6. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

I dont think they know that specific. And each batch could be different.

7. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Why not just wait till a jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5 comes out instead of going through all this troble trying to find out if the device will have said version on it or not. Shouldn't be too long before the JB comes out.

8. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Cannot be done. If the new one has iOS 4.3.5, it cannot be downgraded...
    If you buy a used one, if you want, you can probably catch one with a lower iOS version...