set up iphone as new...lost all photos..am I screwed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tboooe, Oct 27, 2009.

1. tboooe macrumors regular

hi there. After a recent OS update, I chose to set up my phone as new, instead of restoring from backup. I just realized today that all of my photos and movies from the Camera Roll is gone. I never synced these to my PC though I regularly made backups of my iphone. I assume I am totally SOL? Or are the photos and videos still residing somewhere on my PC in a backup file?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Restore from the latest backup. That's the only place camera roll pics are; they are not synced.

3. tboooe thread starter macrumors regular

I have tried this, and the photos and movies were not transferred. Perhaps I can look for them manually? Does anyone know where they reside on the PC?

4. tboooe thread starter macrumors regular

I found the "Backup" folder on my PC which contains a bunch of MDDATA and corresponding MDINFO files. Based on the size of the MDDATA files, I think I can distinguish my photo and video files. The question now is how do I get these back to my iphone. Can I simply place the files in the latest backup folder and do a restore?