Set-up of New iPad Questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KCWolfPck, Mar 15, 2012.

1. KCWolfPck macrumors regular

I will be setting up the new iPad tomorrow, which will be an upgrade from my original iPad. I want to do the following:

1. Restore the new iPad using the back-up of my original iPad (install all same settings and apps
    2. Sync new iPad with all of the same music/movies/photos
    3. Erase original iPad of all content and settings
    4. Disassociate the original iPad with my iTunes account
    5. Set-up original iPad with my wifes iTunes account

This seems like something that would have been asked already but I was unable to loace a thread. Is there a walkthrough for this? Are there any steps I am missing? My iPad is backed up via iCloud (though only a 284 MB backup file).

Thanks.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

1. When you open the new iPad and go through the setup steps, you'll be prompted to restore from iCloud.

2. This will be as easy as just plugging into iTunes.

3. Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings.

4. Open iTunes and click on your account. There you will be able to see devices associated with your Apple ID. You'll be able to remove it there.

5. After you erase it, during the setup it'll prompt you for an Apple ID. Use your wife's and you'll be good to go.

3. kelleybp macrumors member

Funny...I'll be doing the EXACT same thing. Didn't know if you could restore through iCloud without a computer connection or not. Thanks for the very useful information.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You will need an Internet connection, but the setup will prompt you to connect to WiFi.

5. MVPinFLA macrumors 6502

Thanks for asking. I am also in the same situation, but don't have music and movies in the cloud yet. It sounds like a lot of wives will be getting hand me down iPads.:D I know my wife is thrilled.