Set up pages as word

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xadros, Jan 16, 2015.

1. xadros, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015

xadros macrumors member

Hello, is it possible to set up pages layout as default word layout? Thanks.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That seems an odd requirement. Explain a bit more please.

3. xadros thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, i meant set up pages as word. I need to have same layout as word default (for school projects), which will have same edges, numbers of characters for pages etc. I tried to do it, but text layout is still different.

4. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

If your question is, "can I set up a document in pages so it has the same layout as another document that happens to be in Word" the answer is "yes".

But it seems you will need to use some guidance, perhaps "Pages for Dummies" ( if that series covers Pages) or some other teaching aid, to discover how to do it.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That makes more sense. :D

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I usually recommend that you open a blank document, then set that up with your necessary elements - font and size, margin settings, spacing, indents, etc.
    Then, before typing anything, save that document to a place convenient for you.
    Name the document "school template", or whatever helps you.
    And, use that file whenever you need to make a school document.
    You don't want to change or lose your template, so after creating your assignment, save it as a different name (maybe ref. the class and date, for example) - and you will always have that structured template available to use.
    Make another template for different classes that may have other requirements.
    (easy-peasy! :D )