Set up Phone as New/Keep Images

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomamon, Sep 10, 2014.

1. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

When I upgrade my phone, I like to set it up as new to start fresh. Have all the settings and everything start clean, so the phone runs smooth so that anything that messed with it on my last phone, doesn't happen now.

What I really want to make sure I can carry over tho is my camera roll. Is there anyway just to do that?

2. omiljosue27 macrumors newbie

Well!.. You can Turn On iCloud Photo Streaming and backup only your Photos and later configure your iCloud on the iPhone Clear and Restore the Photos from iCloud.

Also.. you can transfer your photos to your Pc using iPhoto and later transfer to your phone once installed clean.

3. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

I have a MBP, not a PC... I've tried copying them back and fourth, but I could never get them back in Camera Roll :(

Your idea of just using iCloud to back up the images could work however, never thought of that. I can set it to do only that and absolutely nothing else like settings or whatever?

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

They will never be in the camera roll because they were not taken with your new phone, you can however get them on your phone in a separate collection/folder in your images. I do this with every release.

5. omiljosue27 macrumors newbie

Im sorry! here in my country (PC) is all laptops or desktop jeje! Well.. Yes you can select what you want to backup on iCloud.

Go:
    - Setting
    - iCloud
    - (once actived the account) Go to Storage & Backup
    - Manage Storage
    - Select your phone at the Top
    - Select what you want to backup.

And later go back to the start (Setting/iCloud/Storage & Backup/ and press Backup Now) and you will backup on iCloud what ever you selected before.

6. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

If you restore from iCloud, they will go into your Camera Roll!