Set-Up Replacement Iphone 4 & Apps Synced Out Of Folders?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thehook, Jul 25, 2010.

1. thehook macrumors newbie

Replaced my defective (broken headphone jack) iPhone 4 with a new one and restored from backup. All of my apps were synced back out of their folders. Very annoying. I tried to restore my phone again from backup but the apps were still out of their folders.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

In the time it took you to write that post, you could have moved them back into the folders.

3. thehook thread starter macrumors newbie

That is very funny and very true.

4. anonymous guy macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem when I restored my phone. There's nothing you can do except reorganize them back into their folders.

I'd like to think I organized my icons a little better this time around.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

What a snotty reply MCDJ. Maybe if the OP had 5 apps. And how helpful was your post? Did you just feel like being a jerk? Big internet tough guy?

To the OP - this happened to me - twice. Very frustrating. The third time, because I was so frustrated I synced my old phone (before I exchanged) twice in hopes that maybe the 2nd time would ensure it. Don't know if it worked or not - but I didn't have the issue the 3rd time.

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

sorry, I'll go to my room. I know, no dessert for me.

7. rsnaider macrumors member

I have had this issue as well and with almost 189 apps it is very annoying to move them around and put them all back into folders as they appear for me spanning 9 springboards alphabetically.

I guess this is not a common enough issue yet for Apple to fix but this happend both when I upgraded from my 3Gs and then again when I sync'ed my replacement 4.