Set up replica on OS X 10.8.5

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Nolf, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Nolf, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

Nolf macrumors newbie

Nolf

Good afternoon. Today tried to add a domain controller and against reserves as a result of this error I get this:
    admin $ sudo / usr / sbin / slapconfig-preflightreplica master.local diradmin
    master.local Password:
    2013-10-11 11:43:58 +0000 NSMutableDictionary * _getRootDSE (const char *): rootDSE not found
    2013-10-11 11:43:58 +0000 Error: Unable to determine the master's software version.
    Tell me how can it be overcome?

Log slapconfig.log

2. matspekkie macrumors member

It looks like the replica server cannot resolve properly.
    You have had a previous replica same name?
    Ntp sync does not work.
    Are they within 5 minutes sync.

3. Nolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Nolf

Thank you for your response. No, this is the first installation in this form. I installed the first server and made him a master, the other wanted to make a second (redundant). About the time synchronization, I / ets / ntp.conf have a time server, as well as in the system settings, but when you install it for some reason trying to take all the time exactly from the site apple. (do not tell him where to specify a different server?)

4. Nolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Nolf

The problem of time synchronization decided. But it did not help add replica

5. matspekkie macrumors member

From the replica can you ping your master " ping tech-***.pr***" the fq domain name?

Have you joined the replica to your domain first?

As far as setting your ntp server.

sudo nano /etc/ntp.conf

server "your.servername.com." (don't forget the trailing dot it marked it as a Full qualified domain name.

----------

Also make sure ssh is enabled and you are able to ssh from & to master & replica.