Set Up - Set By Step - Can Anyone Explain?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HelixOmnimedia, Dec 3, 2009.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hey,

I'm just curious about the step by step process of getting your iPhone up and running. After you take it out of the box, and you turn it on... what happens?

I know it sound random and probably stupid, but I'd like to know.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Charge it, turn it on, and then plug into iTunes. This will activate the phone. This is all assuming you already have service; if you don't, you'd need to remove the SIM card out of the phone and activate it.

3. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

so the phone won't actually work without it being activated?

4. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Woops, should probably have said why.

I live miles away from an Apple Store and an O2 or Orange store... nearest is about 1h45min away and its a very small 02 Store.

I was talking to Apple online (via Store chat)... and told them this but would like to try and iPhone. They said it can be returned, but will cost a restocking fee if I open it -- which i don't mind paying, but I don't think it will - after reading all these great reviews about it.

But won't you need to activate it with a sim card, to be able to use it. Ie... see the device turned on, browse some of the feature...ect..ect

5. The General macrumors 601

unbox iphone
    turn on
    it turns on and says to plug into itunes to activate
    you cant use it until you activate it