Set-up Time Capsule with Belkin F5D8633-4 Router.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ElCani, Dec 12, 2013.

1. ElCani macrumors member

Hi. I'm trying to set-up a new TC, using a Belkin F5D8633-4 wireless router as the modem and the TC providing the wireless. I've done this in the past with a Lynksys router, putting it into Bridge Mode and connecting it to the TC with an Ethernet cable.

With the Belkin, I can't make it work. There's no "Bridge Mode" that I can see, so I tried using "Modem Only", but with no luck. The internet light flashes orange when in that mode and I can no longer access the config page - despite the fact that router is hardwired to my iMac.

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated. The manual for the router can be found here:

http://www.belkin.com/pyramid/documents/external/P75555uk_F5D8633uk-4_v1000_man. pdf

Many thanks.

2. nic78 macrumors newbie

Leave the Belkin F5D8633-4 alone, it is the Airport Time Capsule you have to set up in bridge mode.

Connect the TC to your apple PC via ethernet, then connect a cat 6 ethernet cable from the Belkin LAN port to the TC WAN Port, then plug in your TC to AC power and start airport utility, when it detects the TC you can configure your networks name and password. It should automatically be set up in bridge mode, but you can check on the TC settings tab and it should say the same.

Once the TC's WIFI is on you can log into the Belkin and turn its Wifi off