Setting a Router to display desire website address upon connection

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by wikus, Oct 23, 2011.

1. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Couldnt find a better forum category, so here goes;

If any of you have a life beyond the home computer, you may be familiar with venues such as the fabricated environments known as starbucks which offer free internet and bland overpriced coffee which for some reason cater to recent apple zealot fanatics.

My question is this:

My parents have a small take out restaurant which also has free wifi for customers. What I'd like to do is to have the router direct the browser to a custom website, say; www.takeout.com/welcome after its been connected. I'd only need this to be displayed ONCE and customers can go browse anything else at will.

I do not need a login/password setup, I'd just like to point the browser first to a thank you/welcome page on the restaurants website, ie; www.takeout.com/welcome.html

Currently we are using a Thompson Speedtouch 516 with a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. I'm not completely savvy with routers, although if given proper instructions I can follow them quite well and manage my way around.

Does anyone know if its possible to just forward the first opened page to a custom address?

Thank you in advance :)

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

3. wikus thread starter macrumors 68000

wikus

On it, thank you :)