Setting Application Startup Defaults in Netscape Navigator?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by earthballkyle, Aug 21, 2007.

1. earthballkyle macrumors newbie

I need help setting the applications that open by default, when I click on particular URL's.

I'm running Netscape Navigator 9.01b on my MAC. When I come to a URL that points to a PDF file, I want to open these files with Acrobat Reader. They currently open wih Preview, however.

At the Operating System level I've already specified that all PDF's are to be opened with Acrobat. I tested this by clicking on a PDF in Finder and, sure enough, it opened in Acrobat. In Navigator, however, when I click on a URL pointing to a PDF file, it opens with Preview. Argh! This is very frustrating.

Can you tell me how to set Navigator's defaults for which applications to start up?

Thanks,
    Kyle

2. earthballkyle thread starter macrumors newbie

Isn't there anyone out there who can shed some light on this issue?

Helpl!:eek:

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This appears to be an Adobe issue. The Adobe Acrobat plug-in appears to only want to open in Safari. It allows the QuickTime plug-in to handle PDF files in other browsers. However, there is a link on the SeaMonkey extensions page to Adobe Reader. You might look into it.