Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TomT321

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
I can not seem to get the date to show on my computer, only the day and time appears. Also in my e-mail they only date that shows in November 3, 2011. That seems strange seeing is is about 6 months in the future. Any ideas?

Thanks

TomT321:confused:

Nameci

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2010
The Philippines...
How long have you been on a Mac?

Open system preferences, on System, click date and time, on the "Clock", tick "Show date and time in menu bar"

TomT321

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
No Go

Tried going to preferences and clicking on the clock, while it does show the correct date and time there does not seem to be anything to "click" to put it on the tool bar. Have had this Mac for a couple of years, and should know more about it then I do, but just not that computer savvy.

firedownunder

macrumors regular
May 5, 2011
Tried going to preferences and clicking on the clock, while it does show the correct date and time there does not seem to be anything to "click" to put it on the tool bar. Have had this Mac for a couple of years, and should know more about it then I do, but just not that computer savvy.

Not the actual clock, the tab above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.