Setting Home Page in Safari

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by teerexx52, Jul 10, 2007.

1. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Can anyone tell me how to set my home page in Safari on my iPhone? Thanks

2. borg1of2 macrumors member

I don't see a home page option anywhere in the iPhone's Safari browser. It appears they just looking for us to use bookmarks to navigate. Not a complete solution, imho.

3. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Thanks. I couldn't find it either.

4. yayaba macrumors 6502

There isn't really a concept of a "Home" in Safari because the browser never shuts down. It always just shows the last thing you had opened.

Still, it'd be nice to have an onscreen access to a home page though on the bottom bar next to Back/Forward.

5. Furgster macrumors 6502

Furgster

ya, i would like to have a small home button somewhere, but bookmarks work just fine

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You could just make a new tab with your "home page" open I guess. That'd be about as close as you could get to one at the moment.

7. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

I am curious about something. Since Safari does return to the last page you were looking at... what would you use the homepage functionality to do?

This isn't meant to be rhetorical, I am actually curious. Might help me understand user experience a bit better (although no, I don't work for Apple).

8. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Well. I guess I was equating it to my computer experience with Safari. When i turn on my computer I open Safari and I use iGoogle as a home page. Was looking for that kind of experience on iphone. Like last night I was surfing on my iphone and ended up on Amazon. When I opened it this morning I was on Amazon but really had no reason to be there. I was trying to set Mojits or AppMarks as home page. I suppose if I leave off on that page then it would open to that page but.......

9. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Hmm... interesting. See, I can't stand the concept of home pages. I just want to go where I am planning on going when I fire up the browser. On the desktop, when you launch the browser, you need something as a starting page when the first window is opened.

On the iPhone, there is no quit concept. To hide all the quitting/launching, Apple has each app save its state constantly, so even across reboots, your apps never really 'exit' in the same sense.

Although in a way, I kinda think it does highlight that the bookmarks UI could be easier, or provide some sort of quick-access to a top-5 or the like.

10. rayward macrumors 65816

I just made a new bookmark which is my home page.