Setting locations?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brolfsen, Oct 15, 2011.

1. brolfsen macrumors member

How do you set locations like work, etc..? I want to be able to do reminders like "Remind me to call home when I get to work"

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Add it as a contact and instead if First/Last name, use the Company field, and put in the address.

3. slowtrain macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Make yourself as a contact. In your contact info you can add addresses for home and work. Then Siri will automatically recognize those. Unfortunately my gps always thinks I'm a house or two down the road so I haven't had much luck with location based reminders :-/

4. SkippyThorson, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Alternatively, the first time I set a location reminder, Reminders asked me to pick a location to set as "work"- which the app itself remembers.

The problem is, I didn't realize what I was picking when I picked the local mall. Now there's a "work" location default stuck in Reminders that I can't edit or delete, and it's wrong.

Edit: It can be changed under the Setting pane for Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Under the Contacts section, where my info is asked for, picking my card sets the location to Home. Alternatively, picking a business sets a default location to Work.