Setting Minimum iOS Version

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by iAAPL, Feb 9, 2011.

1. iAAPL macrumors regular

iAAPL

So my first app is now available in the App Store (http://itun.es/iFr7RN). I'm having one problem now. It says it's only available for iOS 4.2+. I specified in the Info.plist that the "Minimum System Version" is "4.0". There is nothing in this app that would require 4.2. I'm using Xcode 4. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

2. cnstoll macrumors 6502

For Xcode 4, go into Build Settings for your project, and select your target. Then select the "All" options label on the menu bar at the top. Under the Deployment section you should see "iOS Deployment Target". You can also just search for that in the search bar I suppose. That's where you actually specify the minimum version of the OS that your app will get built against, which is the version that it will require in order to run. Just set that to iOS 4.0

3. iAAPL thread starter macrumors regular

iAAPL

Wow. That was easy. Thank you very much. I've only been using Xcode for a few months, and just switched to 4.0 with the GM release last week. I had no idea that you just click on your app in the sidebar to access Build Settings. I kept going to File>Project Settings , which was useless to me.

4. cnstoll macrumors 6502

In Xcode 3, if you ever need to change it there, it would be under build settings which you can get to from the Build menu or by right-clicking on your target on the left.

I've been toying with Xcode 4 a bit this week but so far I'm not impressed. I do really like the layout and some of the features...but it seems to constantly crash. :( The Apple dev forums are full of bug reports.

5. iAAPL thread starter macrumors regular

iAAPL

Yeah, I've been having problems with it as well. I miss Interface Builder. My images keep disappearing from my xib files in Xcode 4. If I add a bunch of images as buttons, close Xcode 4, and open it up again, at least half of those images won't show up. All of the images show up when I actually run the app, but it's just really annoying. And it really slows down my computer. Until Xcode 4, I've never been able to get my i7 iMac to show the slightest signs of slowing down. Now, if I attempt to run Xcode 4 and PS, Safari becomes unresponsive, and I have to break out the old 'cmd-opt-esc' combo.

Oh well. It still gets the job done. Hopefully the will fix this soon.