Setting p as new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hook'Em2006, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

How do I get my contacts to sync back to my phone? Will I lose them?

2. BoleCailey macrumors member

Trying to figure out your question? I think you are saying I have an iPhone and just got a new iPhone, how do I get my contacts onto the new iPhone.

If that is your question, sync your old iPhone and then sync your new phone. That will get all of your contacts. Basically, just plug your new phone into iTunes and follow the prompts.

3. Hook'Em2006 thread starter macrumors 6502

My question is, is since I want to set My new iPhone up as a new device (ip4), will I lose my contacts? I don't care about apps, or texts. I just wanna know how to recover all my contacts.

4. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

If you are wanting to set up your phone as a new phone, yes, your contacts will be erased. However, you should have your contacts synced to a supported application on your computer, such as Address book or Outlook, or one of the web based services. If you have that, all you will have to do is sync the phone and the contacts will be back, just like music from your iTunes library.

Does that answer your question?

5. Hook'Em2006 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeh, that answers it. Thank you.
    Now I just gotta figure out how to do that. Lol.
    PC user if that helps.

6. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

7. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I highly recommend getting a type of account that supports contact syncing. MobileMe is good for this.

This way, if the phone gets erased, it is trivial to do a sync and have your contacts back.

8. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Sync from iPhone to Mac & Windows

When you plug your iphone into your mac and iTunes opens, click on the iphone icon. Then on the info tab select sync Address Book Contacts. If this wasn't selected before it should ask if you want to merge or erase your contacts. Select merge.

Then scroll down to the bottom of the same page your on (info tab) and make sure nothing is checked in the advanced section. If contacts are checked in this section it will erase your contacts on your iphone.

This also works for windows. When you select Sync Address Book Contacts it will ask you what program you want to sync with.

Hope this helps. Worked for me.

9. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Uhhhmmm.

You click the button that says "contacts" on your info screen in itunes when you sync your phone.

Your phone has many wonderfull features, I would recommend reading the instructions.... This is one of the simpler things on the phone :(