Setting pictures as backgrounds

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mozzalicious, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Mozzalicious macrumors member

I just recently got a Macbook Air and I've tried to set pictures I've found online as backgrounds, but to no avail. It only lets me select from three folders (apple which has desktop backgrounds or solid colors to choose from), iphoto, or folders (which has one picture i saved to pictures). I'd like to be able to make a folder of photos and have it cycle through that, but I can't pick anything that's not those. I also can pick a single picture, but it either cuts out half the picture (leaving it full size) or makes it take up less than half the screen (fit to screen). Help with this would be appreciated or if there's some software for setting backgrounds or something that'd be helpful. Thanks so much :)

2. Stooby Mcdoobie, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

3. Mozzalicious thread starter macrumors member

Thanks so much!!! It's working fine ^^ The only caveat is sometimes the pictures are blurry whether they're centered or fit to screen; would I have to mess with the resolution or dimensions of the photos themselves to fix this?

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I read that you downloaded them. You probably downloaded pictures with a low resolution. So you could try to enhance the picture. But it would be better to look for a higher resolution image.

When I look for images on google/images I select "large" on the left side.

5. Mozzalicious thread starter macrumors member

That makes sense, I'll try that and I'll pay more attention to the resolution going forward. Thanks :)