Setting "Poster" Frame

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jetmaster114, Oct 21, 2013.

1. jetmaster114 macrumors member

I have been ripping home videos that I have on DVDs using Handbrake so I can input them into iTunes and watch using Apple TV 3.

As they appear in iTunes it is the first frame. Is there a way I can select another frame to appear which is more representative of the video's content?\

Thx.

2. westrock2000 macrumors 6502

Right click on the file in iTunes and select "Get Info". Find the Artwork box and drag an image into or click it to open a file selection dialog box.

Now as far as finding another frame. Your best bet would be to view the movie, go to the part you like and take a screenshot of the movie. Then save that as a JPEG and apply it to the artwork as described above.

3. jetmaster114 thread starter macrumors member

Actually I discovered if you CTRL-CLICK the movie in iTunes there is an option to set the current frame as the poster frame.

4. ckorhonen macrumors member

ckorhonen

You should take a look at iflicks from the Mac App Store. Excellent app for automatically adding poster images and metadata to your movie files.

5. alias3017 macrumors newbie

Poster frame doesn't work anymore

I archive internet videos using iPhoto. I used to use Poster Frame to change the Preview image to something more interesting from the video. This image would then be displayed within iPhoto. Now Preview ignores changes to the beginning of the file, generally using the former first frame. A work-around using SimpleMoveiX has also quit working since OS 10.9. I wasn't able to get iTunes to make this change either. :(

If you have been able to make Poster Frame work as before, please write detailed directions.