Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Is there a way to set it to remind me at a location that I specify? In other words, it always shows up as reminding me based on when I arrive or leave my current location. What if I want to set it up so that it reminds me of something based upon a location I pick on the map or another address?

Thanks.

Zincous

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2008
Sacramento CA
Yeah you can.

When you create the reminder, go into it to edit the details..

Remind Me > At Location > On

This is where you can choose "When I arrive/leave".

You will also see it displaying "Current Location" and the address. Click on that line. Then on that screen you will see "Choose Address..." touching that will bring up your contacts, and you can pick any address that you've entered into a contacts details. Like home, work, etc...

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
I don't think you read the OP's question. They asked if you input an address that they picked on a map or a manual address input. The answer is no. The only address you can use are the ones associated with a contact. A lame limitation in my opinion.

Zincous

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2008
Sacramento CA
Ok my bad, I can see how I may have misinterpreted their question.

And yeah you can only pick a location thats with a contact.

But you could make a contact called "Target" or "Grocery Store" or anything so that in the future if you want to use them, thats how you can choose their address. But this is not the most convenient way, Apple could have made it easier.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Is there a beta of the next iOS in the works already? Is this fixed? I can understand they wanting to mine our activities but adding all the local joints into my address book is no bueno.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.