Setting Safari's default text size bigger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pqdbr, Jun 1, 2008.

1. pqdbr macrumors newbie

Hi there guys. First of all, I think tinkertool is not what I need here .. I'm no trying to set a minimum font size ...

What I want is, When you are in Safari, you can use Command + and Command - to increase or decrase the whole webpage font size. I just wanted to make one of these instances the default one, so it applies to all the pages instead of just the current one.

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.

Felipe.

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Try in Preferences - Appearance - General Font. You can change the size of it there, though I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for. :)

3. pqdbr thread starter macrumors newbie

Not really. I just set the font to 100, and nothing changes on any website (like this forum page, for instance).

But if I press Command + on this forum page, on the other hand, I can increase the font sizes ... thats what I want, to set that new size default.

What I already know is that once you increase the font size by Command + (or decrease it), it gets default for that specific window (tab). So any sites you visit within that window (or tab) will remain with the font increased or decreased. But it all gets lost when you close the window or tab.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

In firefox this is possible, just uncheck the "Allow pages to choose". I do not believe Safari has this option, but you can set the "Never use font size smaller option in Safari but be warned this can really mess up the pages appearance.

Attached Files:

5. smitha96 macrumors regular

I know I just gave this dead thread a huge bump but I am really interested in knowing if there is an option to do what the original poster is asking without having to switch browsers.

It's very annoying to have to zoom for every tab!

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

7. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

I have a 13" mbp (small screen) and I've set the above to never use font sizes smaller than 14. I'm sure if you fool with that you will find a font size that you like.

8. smitha96 macrumors regular

This is what I too am asking for. Going to preferences and changing the font size (as some have suggested) does not help.