Setting security in user accounts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheVandit, Dec 10, 2007.

1. TheVandit macrumors member

TheVandit

Hi guys

Just got my new iMac...the wife is complaining about not being able to see my photos and documents etc that ive got saved in my iphoto/documents folder under my login. She has a separate login because we each have our own ipods...how can she gain access to them?? i made her an admin so thought that would let her in...but i see i cant get into her files either and im an admin too.

I dont have to have two sets of the same files do I? that would be annoying!

Thanks in advance!

2. SawTooth500 macrumors member

Yeah, it's annoying, but true.

Do you have separate partitions for stuff? ( I have one for downloaded files, and my Itunes and Iphoto stuff on another.) If you do just move your Iphoto files to a file called Iphoto to it. Or to the root directory of your HardDrive.
    Then delete the ones in your home directory (/Users/You/Pictures and Music folders) and make an alias to the folder you moved them to.
    Same with your Itunes files. add an alias to the same files in your wifes home directory. Now you both can look at them or listen to the music.

Hope I am clear enough. Enjoy.:cool::apple:

3. SawTooth500 macrumors member

4. TheVandit thread starter macrumors member

TheVandit

thanks for the info guys. tho im surprised its not easier than that...its a little disappointing that you cant just access other users via Finder.

My wife is not gonna like that...