setting shortcut missing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cny772000, Jun 14, 2011.

1. cny772000 macrumors newbie

i have a 16 gb 2nd g ipod FW 3.1.2 jailbroken. I don t know what i've done but know almost all my apps are missing including the settings ,music ,photos etc.. I tried to restore it or to upgrade it but i get this errors: firmware not compatible or when i try do downlaod the official FW 4.2.1 : error 9005. So can u guys give me some tips?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

do you have your blobs saved for 4.2.1?

3. cny772000 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

You are on a Windows machine? That seems to be a Windows error code. Google is your friend.

Oh, and I bet your apps are there, you just can't see them. Use SBSettings to look for them. It'v very difficult to accidentally trash the stock apps- you need to go into the system to do it.

Blobs are created when you use Cydia or TinyUmbrella, but probably should not be an issue for you if you just want to update. They are used when you want to go backwards and install older firmware.

5. cny772000 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok..i redownloaded cydia and SBSettings but there are only the apps that i can see now..Trust me i googled a lot in the last 2 days..i think i trashed the apps?

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well he said he is trying to restore to 4.2.1 which is older

7. cny772000 thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't really want to upgrade...just to make it work ..so now i cant even put it in DFU mode( i turn it of and press home and power button together ..but the apple logo appears first..)

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

what if you put in recovery mode than connect to itunes and restore?

9. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Unless you went into the phone with SSH and purposely deleted the apps, they are there. Use SBSettings>Power>SafeMode and see if your icons reappear with everything running "stock." If they do, then you have messed up something with WinterBoard or a tweak.

10. cny772000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried with safe mode..they do not appear..i used SSH just to put some files on my ipod..but maybe i screwed smth up. Until now i did not have problems putting my ipod in recovery mode dunno what to do