Setting the default language in the login window

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Am3822, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

Hi people,

I am running OS X 10.4.9 using English and Hebrew input options and English as the only selection appearing in International/Language menu.

For some reason, following one of the recent updates, the default language in the login menu has changed to Hebrew. Do you have any idea where/how I could reset it back to English default?

Thanks,
    Am.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

In the Login Options within the Accounts pane of System Preferences, check a box named Show Input Menu At Login Window and next time you log in you should be able to change it to whatever you want. :)

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Tinktool System can to that for you.

Just for clarity (cause I'm not sure I understood the OP's problem)... mad jew's tip (which is awesome, I learn something new everyday :) ) will work if you want to change the input mode at the login window. Tinkertool System will help if you want to change the language of the login window (the words like Password, etc) back to English (or whatever you want).

4. Am3822 thread starter macrumors 6502

Am3822

Thanks, the both of you. I should have been more clear about it -- the login window itself appears in English (just the way I want it). The username input, however, starts out in Hebrew (which it hadn't in the past).

Obviously, pressing <command>+<space> allows me to change it back to English, but I am curious about the reason that changed the default to Hebrew.