Setting up a chat room?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rKunda, Aug 17, 2010.

1. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I wasn't positive which forum this might fit into, so here it is:

At my work, a few of us want to set up a chat room that people can join/leave without the need to be invited (as seems to be the case if using group chat on Google Talk), though perhaps not a publicly accessible room. We're not all in the same office, nor all on Macs, so I am trying to figure out what the best solution would be. Any thoughts?

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

You could all use IRC clients, such as Colloquy (for Mac only though, although there are other PC and Mac clients as well) , and chat using that. I use it, and it's excellent.

3. rKunda thread starter macrumors 65816

rKunda

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Cool. Please keep us posted! :)

5. rKunda thread starter macrumors 65816

rKunda

Never used IRC, so I've got some reading to do =)

6. Linlockyer macrumors newbie

Chat Room

I am new to this discussion board, so if I have posted this in the wrong area, sorry! We would like to do a chat room on our website through iweb. We have had problems with Savor Chat as the Facebook icon doesn't work. Does anyone know of another chat room that would work in iweb? Someone had mentioned Userplane, but the price is a little steep. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Lin

7. rKunda thread starter macrumors 65816

rKunda

You might consider a new thread. I mean, I don't mind you commenting on my thread, but you might get more traffic to your question in a dedicated thread. Welcome to the forums!