Setting up a Subversion Repository on my Domain

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by elfin buddy, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

I was hoping there would be someone here who could help me out. I am currently hosting a domain from NearlyFreeSpeech.net and I'd like to set up a Subversion repository somewhere on that domain to aid in document collaboration.

NearlyFreeSpeech appears to already support SVN (when I tunnel in with SSH, their server responds to SVN commands) and I've managed to create a test repository, but I'm having trouble creating a working copy of that repository on my PowerBook. I have SVN installed on my PowerBook and used it successfully last Fall when working on a design project at my university. The difference is that back in the Fall, I had a free SVN host that took care of all the gritty details. It just worked.

Does anyone have any experience in SVN and think they could offer some help? Please ask questions :)

EDIT: NearlyFreeSpeech's tech support just got back to me, and apparently they've made it impossible to set up an SVN server. Hence my frustration. Mods, please delete!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Instead of deleting this, I'll just close it. That way, anyone who searches on this topic with your hosting service in the near future might benefit. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.