Setting up a triple boot system in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by darbyclash34, Jun 2, 2008.

1. darbyclash34 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I have Leopard and Windows Vista installed thru boot camp. I can't seem to figure out however, how to create a third partition to put Tiger in. Any advice?

Thanks,
    Shawn

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I triple boot, but you'll need to repartition the disk to give a partition for Tiger too...

3. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Thats going to be a pane as apple (just like M$) does allot to prevent you from installing older versions.

That is unless you do a clean install and make the partitions initially.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Simply create a new partition in Disk Utility (in Leopard, you can do it without erasing the other partitions, just as long as you're only using free space), and install Tiger on it. Really not too difficult.

jW

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If your computer comes with Leopard, you cannot boot Tiger.

6. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Not necessarily true...

Macs are sold after Leopard has been released, and consequently you only get a Leopard restore DVD with it.
    But in some cases the hardware hasn't changed since it was originally sold before Leopard release date, thus making it possible to run its original OS which could be a Tiger version.

Example:
    The last iMac (the 800 MHz FSB one): Released sometime before Leopard, but only recently has the hardware been updated. But if you bought one of those iMacs after Leopard was released, you only get Leopard on your install DVDs.
    However, if you can get hold of an Intel version of 10.4.11 you will get it running with full driver support. TBH, I have done this several times because of the Leopard / Safari - Windows ISA issue...
    The problem is getting hold of the original iMac 7.1 Tiger (10.4.10) Restore DVDs...