Setting up a VPN network

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GimmeSlack12, Jun 28, 2007.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I searched for help on this in the forums but I am inundated with iPhone VPN stuff.

Anyway, I was hoping to access my iTunes music on my home computer from work. I understand the idea of VPN but the more I thought about it the more I realized I don't know where to begin on setting it up. Please help explain how I go about doing this and try to be descriptive about it.

Thanks,
    Slack12

2. aha yoda macrumors newbie

Why do you think you need a VPN for doing such a simple task?

But, let me ask you to clarify your situation:
    *You have 2 comuters on different networks
    *You have 1 iPhone, that you carry between the two networks.
    *You would like to have the same music on both computers.

If that is the case, you can simply login to your iTunes account on the work computer (where you want to transfer the music) and authorize that computer (Menu -> Advanced -> Authorize Audible Account). Then sync your iPhone to the work computer, and all the files should be transfered over.

3. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Wait wait wait, no there is no iPhone involved here. What I meant was that any search I did for VPN was only resulting in iPhone info and was of no help to me, so I started my own thread.

Not to mention I have a few more songs than 8 gigs (or 4 gigs). Do you know how to setup a VPN?

4. welshy1812 macrumors member

Read the post!!

I can't believe how many people don't read posts properly.

The original post has nothing to do with iphones!!

Unfortunately I can't offer any advice on setting up a VPN but itis something that I am interested in having the knowledge of as well.

If anyone can offer any instructions on VPN between PC/MAC & MAC/MAC, I would be grateful.

NOT IPHONE! lol. :)

Hopefully someone will get the message GimmeSlack12.

5. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Don't complain to me about it.

Hype is a drug, its distorts reality and makes you do things you normally wouldn't do.
    Apple is an addiction, once you buy a product or two you think you are in control, but that sense of control is an illusion.
    Disappointment is inevitable, once the high of hype is gone and your Apple addiction takes your money you are left to wallow in disillusionment.
    My posts are not that complex, if you read them you will either be able to help or not. Let's not complicate such a simple thing.

Later.