Setting up a wireless network on Windows XP from MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by deya, Nov 29, 2008.

1. deya macrumors newbie

I've installed win xp on my macbook pro, with bootcamp. I've istalled all the drivers from the dvd 1 that came with my mac..
    Everithing is working grate but i cant connect through the wireless connection when i'm in windows (although when i'm in mac OS wirless connection is working great!).
    Does anyone knows something? please!
    :apple:

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

you will need to check your wireless network configuration and tell us about it. is it WAP, is it WPA, is it hidden etc.

sometimes windows has a bit of trouble recognising networks...sometimes it doesnt. just needs a boot eheh

3. deya thread starter macrumors newbie

well it is WPA, with WPA2 key. other windows-running laptops in the house are connected..
    emm.. i m not sure what you mean about "hidden"...sorry..

4. TheMacBookGeek macrumors newbie

Similar Problem

Hello, this is my first time here on MacRumors. Yesterday, I've got a MacBook, but I'm trying to connect to the internet. I have a modem which is connected to my Windows XP Desktop, and also a printer connected to it. I've run the Windows XP Home or Small Office Network Setup yesterday, and I set Windows XP to be the "gateway to the internet with other computers connected to it either with wire or wirelessly". Then it told me to use my Windows XP Disk to set up the network on my MacBook... But the thing is, the XP disk wouldn't run on my MacBook, what should I do? :apple: