Setting up Alarm for Monday, November 8th.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swiftbmx, Nov 7, 2010.

1. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Alright, I've read the steps to have it setup correctly but I want to reconfirm so I'm not late to work tomorrow.

1. Remove my repeating alarm for my regular time
    2. Setup a new alarm for my regular time and have it setup as non-repeating (for Monday only)
    3. After Monday, I can setup back to repeating alarm for the weekdays.

Correct? Or was this only for Sunday morning (today?)

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It was for this morning.

I'd just delete the old repeating alarm, then set up a new repeating one for tomorrow.

3. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

If you're not sure set an alarm for 5 minutes from now to test it out, then set your actual alarm. Now that the time has already changed it should be just like normal. And if you want, maybe set a backup alarm on something else if you can.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think the issue was only for repeating alarms. So for the next few days I would recommend setting an individual alarm just to be safe.

5. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

I find it totally laughable that we are discussing how to set a reliable alarm in 2010 on an iPhone 4.

Apple dropped the ball on this. How embarrassing. People run their businesses of these things.

Hopefully they put some makeup on this black eye - and fast (I'm looking at you 4.2).

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I don't think that is necessary ... the time change happened this morning.

7. purd002 macrumors member

Yes, but any recurring alarms are going to continue going off 1 hour later than scheduled until you upgrade to 4.2

So it is necessary to switch to a non recurring if you actually want to be woken up at the right time.

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Looking at some of the other threads on here, I can see that. Does this affect other alarm apps, or just Apple's?

9. purd002 macrumors member

not sure I only use the built in app. I may have spoken too soon - after further investigation if you change or create new alarms today and replace the old ones they seem to work on time! Those of us that made changes last night still will have to redo them.

I just tested a new recurring alarm and it went off on time!