Setting up an Ipod touch on a different computer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ceely, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ceely macrumors newbie

I just got a new Ipod touch but I hadn't bothered to confirm system requirements and my laptop runs OSX 10.4. One of my friends has a copy of Snow Leopard I can install but I was wondering if in the meantime, if I can access another Mac, can I setup my ipod (minus the syncing the music) with out any adverse effects? Then when I get 10.5, I'd go back and sync? Would that work?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yah dude, it should be okay to get that touch out of the iTunes logo.

3. ceely thread starter macrumors newbie

Bah, curse apple and their system requirements for the ipod touch. I'm at the computer lab at my university (we have a very nice one with iMacs from 2009 and Snow leopard) and lo and behold I still can't connect my ipod because they're only running itunes 9... instead of 10.... grrr

And of course, because it's a computer lab I can't upgrade the iTunes software.

argh...I am so impatient.

4. ceely thread starter macrumors newbie

Seriously...I'm fairly frustrated at this point. I got a copy of Snow Leopard from a friend but my drive (which is temperamental at best) is refusing to read the install disk... but is reading a random audio cd I tried inserting. Gah. I'm beginning to wonder if the universe just really doesn't want me to have an ipod touch.