Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottyent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2013
Well this is a bit of a weird question, but I'm hoping you guys have a good suggestion!

I have an Apple TV 3, however I just moved into a new apartment and I'm accumulating home theater stuff piece by piece. I finally got a home stereo set up, but I still haven't added the projector as my screen.

I was really looking forward to being able to AirPlay music and podcasts with the new home stereo, and then I remembered I have no way to put the Wi-Fi password in to the Apple TV.

I read there is a way to have your iPhone transfer the information, but you have to be in a specific menu for that to work.

Is my only approach to watch some videos on YouTube and just try and blindly navigate through the Apple TV, and hopefully get to that automatic set up window where I can touch my iPhone to the Apple TV?

I probably won't have the projector for another 2-3 weeks, so it would be awesome to have this set up before that!

Thanks in advance everyone!

----------

I think I've decided to save myself the hassle, go get a power strip, and just plug the Apple TV in next to the router and connect by Ethernet. Then when I get the projector, I can make it wireless if I want!

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Take the atv3 to a friends house and setup internet manually (remember wifi name and code.)
Also remember to setup atv.

NukeIT

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Don't you have a tv that you can connect it to just for the setup??

And Yes the iPhone can transfer the info during the initial setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.