Setting up as new iPhone tomorrow.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dillonm, Oct 13, 2011.

1. dillonm macrumors regular

Ok, so I have a question. If I have iOS 5 installed on my iPhone 4 and have everything backed up to iCloud prior to getting my phone tomorrow...I will just be able to activate the 4s right out of the box, correct? And if so how will the 4s know my phone number? Will I take the sim out of my iPhone 4 and put it into the 4s? Because a thread I read earlier said we wont have to worry about swapping sim cards at all.

2. dillonm thread starter macrumors regular

3. meder87 macrumors regular

I think once you sync it with iTunes it will provide it with the information it needs when it accesses Apple's servers. It will be activated and good to go.

4. dillonm thread starter macrumors regular

Ok I am not planning on syncing it with iTunes though I was just going to set it up as new phone and then transfer what I need from iCloud

5. Codepiink macrumors regular

There is a thread on the first page with a guy that just got his iPhone and restored it from iCloud I believe he said, but that it restored it to his iPhone 4's state prior to iOS5 and Siri was not there, so he had to set it up as a new phone. You should go check it out and ask him questions as it seems you two may be in the same boat.

EDIT: Sorry just noticed that you said you were going to set it up as a new phone. But i still think you should go ask him whatever q's you may have.

6. dillonm thread starter macrumors regular

And he is verizon I am AT&T. Why is no one able to answer this?

7. xav8tor macrumors 6502a

Try this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109?viewlocale=en_US