Setting up/Creating an @icloud.com email address

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by N47H, Jul 22, 2012.

1. N47H macrumors newbie

So with beta 3 came apples merging of/conversion to/introduction of iCloud.com email addresses

Anyone who is on the beta and has a me.com address can convert to iCloud, and they can also create new iCloud email addresses...

How? Is my existing me.com email automatically changed to iCloud.com? Or is there a process I have to follow?

I assumed it would be automatic, and I can't find any option to change/convert. I've tried removing my me.com email from my phone and iPad both running beta 3 and then logging back in with the same details only me.com is replaced by iCloud.com, however I get an incorrect user/password error. Any tips?

I've also gone to add new email address and selected create new ID and create new email address to create a new iCloud email, as I want to use the change email address for apple ID option anyway, as my 'first name.surname@icloud.com' is available, but every time I try to create the account it fails and I get a server error message. Any ideas? I know the address is definitely available, because it lets me continue to T&Cs where as I've tried a different address and it's straight away told me that address is taken.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. aarmstrong27 macrumors regular

I believe you have to start at the beta.icloud.com site.

3. muledogus macrumors 6502

It doesn't seem like they are accepting addresses with a "." in them. I just tried to create an alias using one and got a message that it couldn't be processed at this time. I then tried a random jumble of letters to see if it was a server issue and that one worked just fine.

EDIT: Forget that, just got a message of acceptable characters and periods are allowed. Not sure what the deal is.

4. diverbelow macrumors newbie

Impossible to create from IOS6 beta 3 an icloud email address.

Do you guys know why there is a server error all the time? I am trying and trying but still the same response.

Do you have a workaround? Or someone can create one for me (the name I want is available) I will be very very grateful !!!

5. palmerized macrumors regular

Odd, I never actually created one, but I went to beta.icloud.com and signed in with my .Me account, and went to Mail, then Preferences, and under Accounts, iCloud was already setup there.

6. D.C.M. macrumors newbie

It did not work for me either. I just tried it for several time with my iPhone and iPad but unfortunately I had no chance to create a new iCloud account. My address was available but when I pushed the "last" button, I also received a server error message. It would be so great if someone can help me to create an iCloud account with @icloud.com address.