Setting up Externa Monitor on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PastorKenny, May 24, 2009.

1. PastorKenny macrumors newbie

I just purchased a Dell 22" external Display. I am thinking about using just it for my monitor.

How do i turn off the display on the MBP (2008 model) and just use the big screen for my work?
    :confused:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Plug in a monitor, power, keyboard, and mouse. Close MacBook Pro. Press key on keyboard.

3. PastorKenny thread starter macrumors newbie

That’s is a little too technical for me can you break it down to something simpler? :)

Thanks a ton!

4. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Whats wrong with asking a question that's already been asked? I mean if everybody Mroogle's before they post, AND if everything's already been posted, then no one will ever create a new posts!

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

There's nothing wrong with asking. New posts bring people to the site, which is good. New members posting questions and getting answers helps to keep them coming to the site.

However, after a point, it is nice if longer-term members consider searching prior to asking most questions, because the answer really is usually elsewhere on the site. Still, one of the purposes of the site is to let newcomers and novices learn, and the fact that an answer might have been posted long ago doesn't mean it can't be posted again.