setting up Goodreader

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Soura2112, May 14, 2010.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I have had Goodreader on my ipad since day 1 because I heard how great it is, but I must admit I can't figure out a good way to hook it up. Only once did anything happen and it took down my wifi, but it was simple to get the wifi back up.
    I use a Macbook pro, iMac, and Mac Pro (G5).

Is there a simple way to get this started, I read the net would go down, but is there a way to get around that?
    Plus any download links would be a great help. I am not good with all this cross network things.
    Thanks

2. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

My network has never gone down with it. As a matter of fact, I often use the wifi transfer to get my files to it. I also have it access my iDisk and Google Docs.

3. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

Same here, I use wifi almost all the time to transfer files and I have never had issues. If I could print from it like Airshare can it would be perfect IMO.

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

5. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

Me or the OP?
    If you're asking me then I'd like to print from it.

6. Soura2112 thread starter macrumors 6502

Trying to...

I am trying to link GoodReader with my Mac Pro mainly so I can get files, etc, pretty much what the description says when you buy it. I have a .me account so I can use that, but it would be nice to use GoodReader to, since I got it, plus I want to get into files on my desktop. I noticed you can use google but I have not had success finding the downloads for google, and the other ways to link up.

7. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

I'm a bit confused, sorry. You're paying to be able to use iDisk. So stick what you want on your iDisk. GoodReader allows you to download anything from the iDisk. Is there something about this method you don't like?

8. smotheredhope macrumors regular

9. rugonnagraduate macrumors member

If you go to help you can connect through your mac using a web browser.

I'm having trouble getting it to connect to my WHS. Anyone had any luck?

10. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

this is what I do. And if its not on my dropbox I remote in to my computer and put it in there lol.

I didn't even look for a wifi function in goodreader but I will now :D