Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
i picked up an iPad Mini to use with Square for employees to take payments. I'm not too concerned with them using the iPad for other things, but thought if possible I'd lock them out of everything besides Square.app. Is this still not really possible with iOS?

I'm also thinking I'd like to use the ipad to keep records for each game, I run a paintball field. I'd like to have an app, maybe just Numbers, that employees can enter all the info. But, what I'd like to do is have it sync with my iPad without things from my iPad syncing with that one. Is there something that will do that? Or do I just need to maybe setup an email account on it they can use to send the spreadsheet after each game?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I got the Restrictions all set, still interested in an app that would be simpler than Numbers. Something I can create a simpler spreadsheet that employees that submit the required info. I'm actually wondering about making an app for it, seems like it would be about as simple as an app can get, but I still have no clue where to start.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.