Setting up iPhone 4 as New Phone? Have a Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok, so I have an iP4 running for a while, I wanted to clear it out and start fresh after the 4.3 update, things are quirky.

If I do this can I keep all of the progress I have saved in Angry Birds or any other games?

What happens to all the stuff I bought on my iP4 with the previous name, will iTunes recognize it all?

I did this when I went from my 3GS to iP4 but I didn't care what I lost however now in iTunes I have stuff from the store that says it was purchased from my Mini, my iP4, and My 3GS, so I am trying to clean everything up and make it nice and neat?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

All the apps you downloaded and paid for using your iTunes account will sync right back up to your new restore.

3. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Get iphone explorer or something like that and copy the documents folder for each app onto your desktop. Restore your phone and update and put the apps back on and then copy the documents folder back to it's original location. You'll have to kill the app in the multitasking bar and restart for it to retrieve the data.

4. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I know that, but what about all the progress in say like Angry Birds.

I have beaten all levels and finished the entire game and all variations, but I do not want to lose this and I want this copied over to the new iP4 I setup in itunes? Will it just copy the apps and then I lose all my progress?