Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sarahlou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
i have an iphone 4 that was given to me but i dont have a personal computer to set it up on. if i use my boyfriends itunes on his laptop, will this cause problems for me when i do eventually get my own laptop and put my own itunes on it? please help ive had the phone for nearly 2 months now and i cant use it!!!! any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
It shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as your boyfriend authorizes your computer to use everything you have on your iPhone. Make sure when you get your laptop to transfer all of your purchases. Otherwise anything else that you might have on there will have to be put onto your new computer via a USB drive or something.

sarahlou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
so in other words i can do it on my boyfriends laptop then just download everythin onto itunes on the new laptop when i get it?

sarahlou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
im really rubbish at things like this as i have no idea how to use or work the iphone! ive been told a few things by different people so could u say it more simply for me and do a step by step of how i set it up and wot to do on new laptop? so sorry if im annoyin but im blonde!!
thanx for all your help:confused::)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.