Setting up iTunes on another computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Apple-NoEscape, May 20, 2010.

1. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

My computer died (this was my gaming pc btw) which had my iTunes on.
    Now I want to quickly set it up on my brothers pc while I wait for the parts to come for my new gaming rig.

How would I go about this without losing all my music and videos and whatever else apple deems fine to delete?

Btw this is so I can jailbreak my phone, I'm sick of all the restrictions, so no my phone isn't jailbroken if that makes a difference.

2. Apple-NoEscape thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone? I refuse to believe that I have to lose all my music to set up itunes on a new computer.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If no one has replied in the next few hours I will but I'm a tad busy at the moment.

But FYI you won't lose anything.

4. Apple-NoEscape thread starter macrumors 6502

That would be great thanks.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Sorry fella been a busy day. Anyway the job at hand.

Grab your drive out of your machine that has your iTunes library on it. Slap this in your brothers machine. I'm guessing I don't need to guide you through that!

Next. Boot the machine and check that the hdd you added shows in my computer.

Now download iTunes hopefully your brother dosnt use iTunes because that makes things more difficult. Sign into iTunes using your usual details.

Click file then add a folder. Browser through your hdd that you added and find your iTunes folder. Once you have click ok and it'll start importing everything over.

6. Apple-NoEscape thread starter macrumors 6502

slight problem my HDD is the thing that died, it's completely corrupted. I just used that as an excuse to myself to build a new machine.
    Damn ;_; thanks for trying to help anyway.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can transfer stuff off from the iPhone to the PC. Use Sharepod to get the music, videos and pics transferred. You can also backup and sync to the PC to get contacts, etc (but no media) transferred, if you want. There are a number of threads discussing all of this (or just search on my user name and sharepod (or expod) for directions).

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

plug the iphone into borther's pc and right click it in iTunes and click transfer purchases, this will send any bought music, video or apps to brothers pc from your iPhone the rest of the media use sharepod as aggie said

9. Apple-NoEscape thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your input guys, I will check it out now.