Setting Up Mail, Few Issues I want Sorted

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by runofthedill, Jan 13, 2011.

1. runofthedill macrumors member

Okay, trying to set up mail for the first time. Let me set the situation so you can help understand what I'm working with.

My terms are probably really bad, not very tech sauvy so I apoligize.
    -4 email accounts
    -gmail, buckeyemail and fisher email which are outlook based, and then a kent state email which I dont know what it is.
    -Blackberry that I use to read emails on but it never deletes anything from the web based servors.
    -I dont like deleting emails off the actual servers they go to first, like my gmail is currently 9000 messages deep.

My problem is when I delete them off my computer, it also deletes them off where I check my email web based, I don't want that to happen.

Also, I don't want a folder full of messages. I Just want things I decide to keep and everything else to be swiped from the computer, I really dont know how much space these emails take up. Should I keep them for a month or what. Any help is thanked.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

9000 messages...WOW!
    If you don't want messages deleted on the server when you delete them in the mail app, You can change that by going into your mail preferences under accounts, advanced, and change it.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Here is a pic....

Attached Files: