setting up mail on OS X leopard (i think!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Katilea, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Katilea macrumors member

I'm trying to set up apple mail but it asks for 'incoming mail server' and 'outgoing mail server' i havent got a clue what this means or where to find this information?

I'm with sky broadband and also have a yahoo mail which i would want them both redirecting to all go to apple mail once it was set up.

Can anyone help?

Kati
    (Yorkshire, UK)

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

3. Katilea thread starter macrumors member

Hi

Thanks i got it set up, but now I'm in it i clicked on 'get mail' and it wont accept my password, which is exactly the same one as i told it!

What do I next to collect my mail?

Edit > P. s I since tried with some of the different port numbers it mentions now it doesnt ask for password just a little bleep but nothing is happening. Sometimes i get message about it cant authenticate the server and something about a name on a certificate not matching?

4. andimaciphone macrumors member

andimaciphone

5. Katilea thread starter macrumors member

Email and Smileys

woo hoo! I did it! this old brain hasnt had such a work out since my uni days.. lol!

This mail doesnt seem to display smileys either, neither does entourage from office 2004 which i copied across form my iBook (just in case i have the odd letter to type).

On my search for smileys I did see some for OS X and Adium, at the time i choose to add more to adium but now I'm wondering if i downloaded the pack for OS X would I be able to use them in apple mail? (or entourage)

I cant find the print option (in apple mail) either for if i need to to print any of my mail out?

If not does anyone know a good mac-compatible mail program that has smileys, looks good and can collect all mail from one account and print some off if necessary like receipts for online purchases?