Setting up Motion to run efficiently on my MBP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by budha, Feb 17, 2009.

1. budha macrumors member

Hey guys,

I have a MBP 2.2 C2D w/ 128vram.

I am just getting started w/ this prog, and I was wondering what is the best way to set up the playback to reduce lag from the 3d etc. I have heard in the past I need to turn down the resolution on my playback monitor a bit, but I have no clue where to even start. I only really have used Final Cut in the past, so any links/guidance would be great.

Thanks!

-Mark

2. budha thread starter macrumors member

Spinner,

Thanks for the link. Is there any other way to optimize the way it works? When I am doing playbacks while using templates for example, there seems to be a lag. Is the resolution fix the only way I can get faster/non laggy playback...or is there another way to do this.

Would my 5400 RPM HD on my MBP have anything to do w/ this?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Depends on the resolution you chose to work in.

Is it SD (PAL/NTSC) or HD?

A faster HDD could speed things up, and as far as I know the template movies are in PAL or NTSC (SD), and some have a data rate of up to 30 MB/s.

It also depends on how many layers of this media you have, the more there are, the more data has to be read.

But if you're working with compressed data like DV (from a camera) the data rate won't exceed 3.5 MB/s per layer.

The lower the compression the more data your HDD has to read.

You could try working with an external Firewire drive (400, better 800) to circumvent the 5400 RPM drive you currently have installed in your MBP.
    Or upgrade the internal drive.