Setting up MX revo with the Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aaquib, Jan 5, 2009.

1. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Just got the MX revo and LOVE the ergonomic design over my Mighty mouse BUT can't get it configured to give me the same features as the Mighty Mouse. Im mainly looking to add Expose, Dashboard, previous/next in Firefox, and play/pause music on iTunes, and anything else I can add with all these darn buttons :D

I've purchased and installed Steermouse, but can't get any of the buttons working. For exmaple, for "Middle Button", I selected F3, expecting that it'd show me Expose, but it doesn't do anything on the mouse. Also, is there a layout for which button is which on the Revo?

Thanks

2. richardsim7 macrumors regular

richardsim7

Damn, my suggestion would have been steermouse :(

Works with mine :)

-Rich-

3. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Would you please clarify how you have it setup?

4. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Ok, so for the most part, I got it to work. System Preferences had Expose set to F12 for some reason, so I just had to change it to F3. Now, is there anyway I can use the F8 button, which is the universal button to play/pause if iTunes is open, even if you're not on that application?

5. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Go to Logitech.com and get the Logitech Control Center for OSX.

I use it to make my MX Revolution a piece of sex. This isn't the default config but I certainly love it:

Thumb wheel click: Command+Click (for opening new tabs in browsers)
    Thumb wheel back: Expose
    Quick search button: Command+W (close window/tab)

And that's about it as far as me tweaking it went, haha.

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Is F8 the "universal button to play/pause" for iTunes? I am using the Apple aluminum keyboard and the "play/pause" button shares a key with F8. (play/pause is the default function) I use it to start and stop iTunes and it doesn't matter what app is in focus. With iTunes as the app in focus the spacebar is the default for play/pause.

I bought Steermouse for my MX Revolution and I love it.

If you want to program an F key to play/pause you could install SizzlingKeys and assign an F key for it then assign that key in Steermouse as well.

7. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

it's kind of tricky. what you want to do is go to system preferences and change the 'F' key locations of expose and dashboard, whatever to someething else, like F4, F5, etc. Then you go to the logitech control center and select a DIFFERENT 'F' key as one of your side buttons..Then you go back to the expose preferences and change those back to the 'F' key you selected in the logitech control center..

Make sense?

8. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Thanks for all the help! I installed Logitech Control Center, and consistently received a "could not find device" message. Anyhow, I installed Sizzling Keys, and it works great :D I love this mouse :) and thanks again for all the help.

9. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun