Setting up new AW. Advice from the experts...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by drober30, Dec 25, 2015.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

For those that have had the Apple Watch for awhile now, what advice do you have for everyone who just got one for Christmas?

From reading through the posts previously, I know to:

Update to 2.1

Recommended not to install all apps during setup but install one at a time.

Any other pointers that would be helpful or great to know? Tips/tricks?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Just put it on and enjoy it. Take your time and change the setting as you see fit. What another does with their AW is not what you may want to do,with yours.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

As above its a very personal device and where I could say one thing someone else would disagree.

4. Gibbage macrumors newbie

I've had mine for a few weeks and the thing I discovered beyond your list is that the battery should be on 30 - 40% at the end of a long day. I had a few days where the battery was just about lasting the day. I had to un-pair and then re-pair the watch, now back to day and a half battery life.

5. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

I let mine self-install all available apps when I first set it up. Then, I tried them all out and deleted the ones I didn't like.

I had several camera apps install remote triggers, for example. Turned out that none of them worked better than Apple's own app. So, at least my curiosity was satisfied even though I deleted them all from the watch.

Developers are still figuring out what to do with it. Might as well give them a chance.

6. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the replies!

I am really enjoying my AW! I bought it looking for no more than telling time and getting notifications and that has worked out great! I'm sure the novelty will wear off a little but its really fun right now. Just answered my first call on it and it worked really good.

I will look into some of the more popular apps and try them out.

Thanks!