Setting up non-gmail google account on apple mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DRC12, May 15, 2011.

1. DRC12 macrumors newbie

I just got a google account for college. Because it's for miami it's @muohio instead of @gmail so whenever i try to add this account to my apple email it doesn't recognize the account as a google email and won't set it up. I've tried manually setting it up but that's not working either. Anyone know how to set this up?

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Well you could set up that account to forward all of your mail to another gmail account that you create. Then set the second account up with the mail application.

Just drop yourself a test email and see if it works; no reason why it shouldn't.

3. DRC12 thread starter macrumors newbie

would i be able to send emails through the new email under my miami email's address

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Hmm... well I don't know.. check and see if you can forward mail through the 2nd email out through the Miami one. I'm sure you can as email is very... well "simple" and many users are given a lot of control over how it operates.

Well I just checked my settings (gmail account) and you probably can, on your second one make a forwarding email address..... hmm... Wait. Can you add the miami email at all? Like not to pull email from but just add it as an account?