Setting up Printer on New Penyrn MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dmb3886, Mar 9, 2008.

1. dmb3886 macrumors regular

On my old MBP (SR 2.2 base), I was able to do it (connect with an HP OfficeJet Pro K550 on my wireless network). Although now im having a lot of trouble - please help

The printer is connected to an XP btw

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try adding a printer through the windows tab as seen below. you will have to provide you windows username and password after clicking the computer name i.e. for me "thomas".

[​IMG]

the name and location can be anything and choose "HP OfficeJet Pro K550" as the driver. if this doesnt work try using the "HP DeskJet Series, 1.3" driver. this is a CUPS driver and will only allow you to print. no draft printing or printer cartridge level indicators as its a network driver. HP only provides drivers for printers that are connected by USB.

if all this doesnt work try adding it with CUPS here.

3. csc macrumors newbie

I did this Saturday, with an HP Photosmart, trying to do it wirelessly. I googled the question and found an answer that worked; it may work for you. For some reason, I had TWO printers identified. If you pick the one that has your printer's English name, it does not work on a wireless print command; if you pick the number-letter combination, it does. You need to test your connection though. If your HP command software has a "Test Page" option, try that. If it gets through--and mine did--then the problem is with the computer's printer setup, not the connection.

Good luck.

4. dmb3886 thread starter macrumors regular

uh, incredibly annoying- thanks for your help

i tried what you said rickthomas, and it went mshome, something that starts with a D, but not any further

ill try the cups instructions tomorro w:(