Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fattyfat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Hi Everyone,
I recently had my Macbook Pro stolen. At this time I purchased a new one, and I am trying to figure out how I can reinstall the apps I had on the stolen one.

The 2 I am concerned with is Adobe CS5 Design & Web Premium Suite and Office 2011 for Mac.

Unfortunately, I do not have the install disks either. I was in the process of moving, and my bag with the laptop and disks were together.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get these again? I was thinking about reinstalling the CS suite and then entering the serial number that I had, but Adobe only offers the CS6 download on the site. I also did not register it, so I don't have it on my Adobe account.

As for the Office 2011 for Mac, I believe I registered it, but I cannot locate who to contact to maybe see if I can get this reinstalled on the new laptop.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Your best bet is to contact customer services / support from Adobe / Microsoft and explain the situation. I don't hold out a lot of hope though if the disks were stolen as well, as the thief may try to sell on the disks as well, which means the serial number is probably compromised.

Although I know this is going to be of no value to you now, but for future reference I store all my serial keys in 1Passwords secure database. Really handy if you are setting up a clean mac from scratch and saves having to route around for serial numbers in emails. Also you would have been able to advise the vendor what the serial numbers are in a case of theft (I sync my database to other devices via Dropbox). I wrote an article about 1Password here.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Your best bet is to contact customer services / support from Adobe / Microsoft and explain the situation. I don't hold out a lot of hope though if the disks were stolen as well, as the thief may try to sell on the disks as well, which means the serial number is probably compromised.

Although I know this is going to be of no value to you now, but for future reference I store all my serial keys in 1Passwords secure database. Really handy if you are setting up a clean mac from scratch and saves having to route around for serial numbers in emails. Also you would have been able to advise the vendor what the serial numbers are in a case of theft (I sync my database to other devices via Dropbox). I wrote an article about 1Password here.

I do the same thing with 1P. I never worry about the S/N of any software again.

/Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.