Setting up visual voice mail AGAIN?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by javiwankenobi, Mar 2, 2009.

1. javiwankenobi macrumors member

Hi, I have firmware 2.2 on my unlocked iPhone, and I never set up my visual voicemail, It appears that It gave me the option one time, but now I just cant find where to do it again, when I tap on voicemail it just calls my voicemail and does not give me the option to set it up. Is there a way I can do this without reinstalling the firmware?

Thanks!

2. Zyniker macrumors 6502

When you click on the Voicemail icon it goes straight to voicemail? It doesn't display the little voicemail page?

3. javiwankenobi thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your reply man, that is exaclty what happens, I dont know if it matters but i am using TMobile on it. I also do not see the "change voicemail password" under Settings -> Phone

4. Zyniker macrumors 6502

Maybe try "Reset Network Settings" (Settings >> General >> Reset)? I'm not sure if it will reset the voicemail options, but it's worth a try.

5. javiwankenobi thread starter macrumors member

Did not work. I still get sent directly to the voicemail call. I just called TMobile and they say visual voicemail is activated in my line.

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

Ahh, the Visual Voicemail feature on the iPhone only works with AT&T and requires the iPhone data plan to work. :eek:

Dave

7. javiwankenobi thread starter macrumors member