Settings alerts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by /dev/toaster, Jun 30, 2007.

1. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Has anyone figured out how to set different alert styles for things like SMS, calendar events and email ? I current ones are way too quite. I actually need to be able to set an SMS to something loud enough to wake me up. (I am on call every 3 weeks for a week)

2. /dev/toaster thread starter macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I hate to bump things, but this is kinda critical for me. Its the only feature on the iPhone that looks like its going to be a problem for me. I need to find a work around, I really don't want to buy a beeper. :(

3. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

sorry to hijack, but you could use a bump as well...

does anyone notice that on the apple page, when it shows someone getting a call it looks different than it actually does?
    in the pics it shows a small picture of the person, in life however, the background turns into the person. hmm? any ideas?
    A

Attached Files:

4. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

So the iPhone actually displays the picture of the incoming caller as a large full-screen image, rather than the small picture shown in all the pics?

5. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Mines like that too. It will either display the wallpaper I chose or a pic that I assigned to that contact over the whole background. I don't get the mini pic like shown above.

6. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

So if you assign a pic to the contact, it shows that pic full screen. If no pic is assigned to that caller, it shows your wallpaper. Is that right?

What about when you actually answer the call, do you get the SMALL pic then (because obviously the 6 large buttons are now taking up the middle of the screen)?

7. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

No! the picture takes the place of teh wallpaper and is covered by the buttons
    A

8. iPhonatic macrumors member

This is an easy fix. Go into your mac address book, click edit, and "set" your picture in address book. The next time you sync your iPhone the images will appear small in the top corner when the caller calls.

9. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

The small picture shows up on incoming calls if it was set in Address Book. The large if it was set on the phone. During a call, the picture is placed into the upper right corner. The image supplied above is during a call, as you can see the buttons mid screen.

But alas, Let's get back on topic for toaster's thread.

Toast, I may be way off here, but think the only way to do it might be to hack the phone to get file access and replace the current sound with a custom one. I believe there are some people who have done this. Hopefully someone who has done a good bit of customizing can help you out.

10. The General macrumors 601

SMS alerts:
    /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/sms-received.caf

Mail:
    /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/new-mail.caf

Calender Events:
    /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/alarm.caf