Settings Background Acitivity Iphone 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Break81, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Break81 macrumors member

Was very disappointed with my 7 Plus Battery so i decided to downgrade to 10.0.1 and setting up as a new device - but it didn´t really help.
    Now 3 days later I see that the Settings "app" causes a lot of background activity and i have no idea what this could be.

Attached Files:

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Don't get obsessed with the numbers. That 7% is mostly foreground activity, most likely. The fact that it was "running" (a misnomer) in the background for 1.4hrs tells you it's not using much battery or system resources.

My suggestion: stop changing things, stop checking things, and stop restoring. Use your phone normally for a week and see how it's behaving then.

3. Break81 thread starter macrumors member

what i did for 1,5 weeks. loosing 10% overnight in airplane mode is far away from a behaving phone...

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Ok, then you obviously have an issue. If you're losing 10% overnight NOT in airplane mode, you'd have an issue.

STEP 1 was/is setting up as new bc of rogue apps/settings from a restore.
    STEP 2 was/is talking to Apple, as this isn't normal. They will take care of you.

5. Break81 thread starter macrumors member

apple doesn´t help. They did the system test and everything is fine. After setting the phone up as new it worked for two days.
    The "Using Time" is fine. The problem is the standby time and i´m pretty sure it is the background activity of the settings.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If you say so.

7. Break81 thread starter macrumors member

It started loosing 10% overnight on the day this point showed up the first time so i´d be surpised if not
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2016 ---
    only search my iphone is activated ...